6th April 2017
Trak Global lands another technology award
Trak Global Group (TGG), the telematics technology company based in Crewe, has been recognised as one of the top five fastest growing technology companies in the North of England.
Receiving the award last Thursday, Ed Rochfort, managing director of Carrot Insurance, which is part of TGG and provides telematics insurance to young people via black boxes and apps, said:
“We’re delighted to feature on the first ever Northern Tech 100 league table, at number five among the 100 fastest growing tech companies.”
In its submission, TGG underlined the continuing growth of its young driver propositions, both through Carrot and via strategic partnerships, including More Th>n Sm>rt Wheels, part of RSA Group. The company has also launched a world wide free-to-download app for business drivers, called ‘Appy Fleet,’ which aims to reduce the number of accidents among employees driving for business.
Ed Rochfort said the group marked 2016 by launching in North America for the first time, and now exports its products to Canada, Spain and the Middle East.
“The UK has a strong record for road safety, and we are also one of the world leaders in telematics technology. Trak Global Group is part of a UK success story and we look forward to continuing our growth in both the UK and increasingly, abroad.”
The Northern Tech 100 league table was sponsored by European technology investment bank GP Bullhound. The data compiled by GP Bullhound and Tech North has shown that the 100 fastest growing tech firms in the North generated over £1.9bn in revenue in 2016.
- August 2019 (4)
- July 2019 (4)
- June 2019 (5)
- May 2019 (4)
- April 2019 (5)
- March 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (2)
- January 2019 (6)
- December 2018 (5)
- November 2018 (3)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (2)
- Trak Global Group has acquired Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc (IMS), North America’s leading insurance telematics business
- Dash cams: their growth, effectiveness and future in a rapidly-evolving automotive world
- Trak Global Group helps raise a record £10,000 for charity at the 13th annual Anoush Cup
- Read our PaceNotes blog post on Gov.uk
- Parking’s unabated controversies and remarkable future
- Trak Global Group achieves Investors in People accreditation