1st December 2016
Trak Global Group scoops Amazon Growing Business Award
Trak Global Group, the telematics technology company that also owns the Carrot young driver brand, has scooped the Real Business award for growing business of the year 2016.
Accepting the award, which is sponsored by Amazon, Bob Skerrett, MD telematics, said: “This is a fantastic win for us. We are a telematics technology company but we are in business to make young people safer on the roads. Our products have reduced young driver accidents by 40% and that is a tremendous motivator for us.”
He added: “The safer our drivers, the more money we make for our insurer partners, because safer drivers equals reduced risk. And safer drivers also means cheaper insurance premiums, so with our business model, everyone wins.”
Skerrett said that Trak Global had already been recognised as one of the UK’s top 50 fastest growing technology companies by the Sunday Times (Sunday Times Tech Track) this year, and looking ahead, plans were well advanced to grow in new markets beyond the UK.
“Driving technology is moving from black boxes installed in cars to apps, which are much cheaper and can be used anywhere. Trak Global is leading the way in the UK and now abroad with offices in Europe, the Middle East and North America.”
“Apps will increase the size of the market from young drivers to anyone who wants to driver safer and better, anywhere in the world. We have huge ambition for our business to be the UK’s biggest and best exporter of road safety technology around the globe.”
- June 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (4)
- April 2019 (5)
- March 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (2)
- January 2019 (6)
- December 2018 (5)
- November 2018 (3)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- Trak Global Group has acquired Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc (IMS), North America’s leading insurance telematics business
- Carrot Insurance comments on government IPT consultation
- Environmental, technological and other influences shaping the world of motorcycles as electric bike development accelerates
- The interaction of autonomous vehicles with their surroundings – what do the present and future look like?
- Are traditional contract hire leases being phased out by short-term vehicle rental solutions?
- Trak Global Group celebrates triple shortlisting for prestigious international awards