6th March 2018
Trak Global director Andrew Brown-Allan appointed as mentor in Government-backed IoTUK programme
Andrew Brown-Allan, MD of Trak Labs and Director of Trak Global Group, will start mentoring SMEs as part of the IoTUK programme which aims to accelerate the UK’s Internet of Things (IoT) capability. Powered by Digital Catapult and Future Cities Catapult and launched as part of the Government’s £32m investment in IoT, IoTUK is a programme of activities that seeks to increase the adoption of high quality IoT technologies and services throughout businesses and the public sector.
It launched the Mentor Network to give small companies and entrepreneurs in the IoT space access to experienced technology business leaders who can provide support and expertise.
Trak Global Group, the UK’s largest telematics technology company, works with motor insurers, fleet operators and OEMs to help them leverage the power of connected technologies, the IoT and big data. It is the tech partner behind some of the leading usage-based-insurance market propositions in the UK and overseas, and features in the top 100 fastest-growing tech companies in the UK.
Brown-Allan, who previously founded an award-winning creative agency and strategy consultancy, has worked in insurtech for nearly a decade. He said:
“I am delighted to join IoTUK’s Mentoring Programme and look forward to sharing insight and providing help to some of the country’s most exciting startups in the IoT space. As MD of Trak Labs, our Group’s innovation hub, I am dedicated to supporting innovative new ventures which will help advance the UK’s global leadership in the Internet of Things.”
Indeed, as well as incubating the Group’s own IP, Trak Labs also seeks to collaborate with external start-ups and organisations in the insurtech and geotech arenas. By helping entrepreneurs with expertise, access to market and distribution opportunities, Trak Labs is able to fast-track disruptive products and services and apply the Group’s technology to wider emerging sectors.
- June 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (4)
- April 2019 (5)
- March 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (2)
- January 2019 (6)
- December 2018 (5)
- November 2018 (3)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- Trak Global Group has acquired Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc (IMS), North America’s leading insurance telematics business
- Carrot Insurance comments on government IPT consultation
- Environmental, technological and other influences shaping the world of motorcycles as electric bike development accelerates
- The interaction of autonomous vehicles with their surroundings – what do the present and future look like?
- Are traditional contract hire leases being phased out by short-term vehicle rental solutions?
- Trak Global Group celebrates triple shortlisting for prestigious international awards