30th November 2016
Nick Street puts Trak Global on the road safety map
Trak Global’s insurance solutions and claims manager Nick Street was guest speaker at Post Magazine’s Claims Club seminar on telematics. At the meeting, held in London on 24 November, delegates from leading insurers heard how telematics and data can be invaluable to the customer claims process and lowering risk.
Street said that telematics data collated and analysed by Trak is used to manage driver behaviour, with the ultimate aim of improving the safety of young drivers and bringing down their insurance premiums.
“We analyse driver behaviour, which includes the miles driven in their vehicle, the smoothness of the drive and how fast they drive. This allows us to determine and perhaps predict the likelihood of an accident. And if an accident occurs we are able to use the data to resolve liability and support traditional claims handling methods,” said Street
He added: “Trak Global Group is actively working with customers and partners to provide automated solutions that enable bespoke services for partners and customers so that they have driver behaviour data at their fingertips.”
He explained that the UK has an excellent reputation for road safety, and telematics has played an important role, so much so that governments abroad look to the UK for best practice. Street said: “Trak Global group is seeking to grow its business in Europe, the Middle East and North America, helping providers in these markets make use of our experiences in the UK and make their roads safer.”
- April 2019 (2)
- March 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (2)
- January 2019 (6)
- December 2018 (5)
- November 2018 (3)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (4)
- April 2018 (5)
- Trak Global Group has acquired Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc (IMS), North America’s leading insurance telematics business
- Emerging last-mile delivery and mobility solutions – the benefits and challenges
- Amidst the plug-in obsession, do niche alternative fuels like CNG have a future?
- The mandating of more in-car safety tech is good news – but will it really help make our roads accident-free any time soon?
- Impressive car technology in the pipeline from OEMs and others
- Will SUVs become less popular due to WLTP and other factors?