Month: May 2019
29th May 2019Environmental, technological and other influences shaping the world of motorcycles as electric bike development accelerates
Although consumer motoring and fleet media predominantly focus on plug-in hybrid and electric cars, motorcycles very much remain a popular method of mobility throughout the world, so we discuss the latest market trends as emissions regulations, battery power and other forces rapidly shaping the car and van markets also permeate the two-wheeled sector. The current… Read more
22nd May 2019The interaction of autonomous vehicles with their surroundings – what do the present and future look like?
With Elon Musk aiming for fully-autonomous ‘level 5’ Tesla models to be on the road as soon as next year1 – and with the UK government recently having expressed the wish to see “self-driving cars on our roads by 2021… on any road provided they are compliant with UK law”2 – autonomous vehicles (AVs) imminently… Read more
6th May 2019Are traditional contract hire leases being phased out by short-term vehicle rental solutions?
A significant proportion of headlines and thought leadership commentary in leading fleet publications in recent weeks certainly paint a similar picture – that of the demise of traditional contract hire leases which, for the past couple of decades or so, have typically seen company car drivers keep the same vehicle for three or four years…. Read more
2nd May 2019Trak Global Group celebrates triple shortlisting for prestigious international awards
Trak Global Group (TGG), a leader in telematics-enabled insurance and mobility solutions, has been selected as a 2019 finalist in two key industry awards, including multiple instances in the same category: 2019 Insurance Times Claims Excellence Award – for which TGG’s Claims as a Service (CaaS) offering is a contending finalist for the Claims Service… Read more
- June 2019 (1)
- May 2019 (4)
- April 2019 (5)
- March 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (2)
- January 2019 (6)
- December 2018 (5)
- November 2018 (3)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- Trak Global Group has acquired Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc (IMS), North America’s leading insurance telematics business
- Carrot Insurance comments on government IPT consultation
- Environmental, technological and other influences shaping the world of motorcycles as electric bike development accelerates
- The interaction of autonomous vehicles with their surroundings – what do the present and future look like?
- Are traditional contract hire leases being phased out by short-term vehicle rental solutions?
- Trak Global Group celebrates triple shortlisting for prestigious international awards