Month: February 2018
23rd February 2018Will larger organisations be negatively impacted by imminent new accounting rules that specify the inclusion of contract hire vehicles on balance sheets?
Sir David Tweedie will be happy. As former chairman of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), he’s famous in accountancy circles for having said: “One of my great ambitions before I die is to fly in an aircraft that is on an airline’s balance sheet”. This daydream wish of his has become reality following the… Read more
22nd February 2018Audi’s world-changing A8: all tech-ed up and nowhere to go until legislation catches up
Driverless vehicles were heaped with attention by Chancellor Philip Hammond during his Autumn Budget 20171, in which he clearly outlined a determination for the UK to welcome autonomy on its roads as soon as 2021. Artificial intelligence (AI) in the automotive context also received a £75m boost and Mr Hammond expressed the conviction that his… Read more
16th February 2018Exciting ‘new’ mobility products opening up for fleet managers
Over the last half a dozen years in particular, the UK has seen vehicle leasing or ‘contract hire’ proliferate among not just business customers but also private motorists. Q3 2017 ended with the BVRLA citing 2.5% growth in leasing across business fleets, while the entire market grew 6%, contributed to by a whopping 28% surge… Read more
15th February 2018Why isn’t hydrogen fuel cell car development being pursued more keenly?
According to Sewell Research’s latest barometer, 30% of fleets anticipate introducing hybrid and 7% all-electric power within a year, while fresh SMMT data finds fleets are turning their backs on diesel faster than expected1. The new breed of EVs certainly offer more useable ranges and shorter recharging times, the new Nissan Leaf for example now… Read more
- May 2019 (3)
- April 2019 (5)
- March 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (2)
- January 2019 (6)
- December 2018 (5)
- November 2018 (3)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (4)
- Trak Global Group has acquired Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc (IMS), North America’s leading insurance telematics business
- The interaction of autonomous vehicles with their surroundings – what do the present and future look like?
- Are traditional contract hire leases being phased out by short-term vehicle rental solutions?
- Trak Global Group celebrates triple shortlisting for prestigious international awards
- What factors influence the business case for EV adoption?
- Are fully-autonomous vehicles really likely to feature on public roads soon?