Month: July 2017
23rd July 2017The many benefits and few slight catches over ADAS featuring in increasing numbers of car and commercial fleets
We’re as delighted as most organisations to have witnessed the proliferation of advanced driver assistance systems – or ADAS – over the last few years, contributing heavily to making our roads safer until fully autonomous vehicles and their prerequisite infrastructure arrive. New ADAS technologies are emerging all the time but core functionalities include adaptive cruise… Read more
18th July 2017Could parking frustrations be hindering the UK economy?
Have a guess at how many working days the average UK motorist wastes each year hunting for parking spaces? According to a survey by traffic update provider, Inrix, the answer startlingly tots up to just shy of six business days – 44 hours to be precise. In London, the figure actually comes to a whopping… Read more
11th July 2017Trak Global Group in the news after calling on policymakers to investigate how telematics can help combat terrorism
Trak Global Group (TGG) has been in the news after calling on policymakers to sponsor a discussion on the role telematics technology could play in countering crime and terrorism, following attacks on the public by terrorists using vehicles. The Times interviewed TGG director Andrew Brown-Allan for the story, written by transport correspondent Graeme Paton. Andrew… Read more
3rd July 2017Trak Global calls for telematics to be used in the fight against terrorism
Trak Global Group (TGG), the Cheshire-based telematics technology company, has urged policymakers and law enforcement agencies to partner with the sector and explore how telematics could help prevent terrorist outrages, where a vehicle is hijacked and driven into crowds of people. Andrew Brown-Allan, director of Trak Labs, the company’s research division, explained there is potential… Read more
- April 2019 (2)
- March 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (2)
- January 2019 (6)
- December 2018 (5)
- November 2018 (3)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (2)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (4)
- April 2018 (5)
- Trak Global Group has acquired Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc (IMS), North America’s leading insurance telematics business
- Emerging last-mile delivery and mobility solutions – the benefits and challenges
- Amidst the plug-in obsession, do niche alternative fuels like CNG have a future?
- The mandating of more in-car safety tech is good news – but will it really help make our roads accident-free any time soon?
- Impressive car technology in the pipeline from OEMs and others
- Will SUVs become less popular due to WLTP and other factors?