6th April 2017
Trak Global lands another technology award
Trak Global Group (TGG), the telematics technology company based in Crewe, has been recognised as one of the top five fastest growing technology companies in the North of England.
Receiving the award last Thursday, Ed Rochfort, managing director of Carrot Insurance, which is part of TGG and provides telematics insurance to young people via black boxes and apps, said:
“We’re delighted to feature on the first ever Northern Tech 100 league table, at number five among the 100 fastest growing tech companies.”
In its submission, TGG underlined the continuing growth of its young driver propositions, both through Carrot and via strategic partnerships, including More Th>n Sm>rt Wheels, part of RSA Group. The company has also launched a world wide free-to-download app for business drivers, called ‘Appy Fleet,’ which aims to reduce the number of accidents among employees driving for business.
Ed Rochfort said the group marked 2016 by launching in North America for the first time, and now exports its products to Canada, Spain and the Middle East.
“The UK has a strong record for road safety, and we are also one of the world leaders in telematics technology. Trak Global Group is part of a UK success story and we look forward to continuing our growth in both the UK and increasingly, abroad.”
The Northern Tech 100 league table was sponsored by European technology investment bank GP Bullhound. The data compiled by GP Bullhound and Tech North has shown that the 100 fastest growing tech firms in the North generated over £1.9bn in revenue in 2016.
- March 2018 (3)
- February 2018 (4)
- January 2018 (6)
- December 2017 (7)
- November 2017 (7)
- October 2017 (6)
- September 2017 (7)
- August 2017 (7)
- July 2017 (4)
- June 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (5)
- April 2017 (6)
- Trak Global Group takes Amazon Growing Business Award for the second year running
- Reflecting on the latest batch of statistics involving the use of mobile phones while driving
- Electric cars are very much here and vans are improving, but what about heavy HGVs?
- Trak Global director Andrew Brown-Allan appointed as mentor in Government-backed IoTUK programme
- Will larger organisations be negatively impacted by imminent new accounting rules that specify the inclusion of contract hire vehicles on balance sheets?
- Audi’s world-changing A8: all tech-ed up and nowhere to go until legislation catches up