6th March 2018
Trak Global director Andrew Brown-Allan appointed as mentor in Government-backed IoTUK programme
Andrew Brown-Allan, MD of Trak Labs and Director of Trak Global Group, will start mentoring SMEs as part of the IoTUK programme which aims to accelerate the UK’s Internet of Things (IoT) capability. Powered by Digital Catapult and Future Cities Catapult and launched as part of the Government’s £32m investment in IoT, IoTUK is a programme of activities that seeks to increase the adoption of high quality IoT technologies and services throughout businesses and the public sector.
It launched the Mentor Network to give small companies and entrepreneurs in the IoT space access to experienced technology business leaders who can provide support and expertise.
Trak Global Group, the UK’s largest telematics technology company, works with motor insurers, fleet operators and OEMs to help them leverage the power of connected technologies, the IoT and big data. It is the tech partner behind some of the leading usage-based-insurance market propositions in the UK and overseas, and features in the top 100 fastest-growing tech companies in the UK.
Brown-Allan, who previously founded an award-winning creative agency and strategy consultancy, has worked in insurtech for nearly a decade. He said:
“I am delighted to join IoTUK’s Mentoring Programme and look forward to sharing insight and providing help to some of the country’s most exciting startups in the IoT space. As MD of Trak Labs, our Group’s innovation hub, I am dedicated to supporting innovative new ventures which will help advance the UK’s global leadership in the Internet of Things.”
Indeed, as well as incubating the Group’s own IP, Trak Labs also seeks to collaborate with external start-ups and organisations in the insurtech and geotech arenas. By helping entrepreneurs with expertise, access to market and distribution opportunities, Trak Labs is able to fast-track disruptive products and services and apply the Group’s technology to wider emerging sectors.
- March 2018 (3)
- February 2018 (4)
- January 2018 (6)
- December 2017 (7)
- November 2017 (7)
- October 2017 (6)
- September 2017 (7)
- August 2017 (7)
- July 2017 (4)
- June 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (5)
- April 2017 (6)
- Trak Global Group takes Amazon Growing Business Award for the second year running
- Reflecting on the latest batch of statistics involving the use of mobile phones while driving
- Electric cars are very much here and vans are improving, but what about heavy HGVs?
- Trak Global director Andrew Brown-Allan appointed as mentor in Government-backed IoTUK programme
- Will larger organisations be negatively impacted by imminent new accounting rules that specify the inclusion of contract hire vehicles on balance sheets?
- Audi’s world-changing A8: all tech-ed up and nowhere to go until legislation catches up